Please arrive at 9.15am (Sunday) or 10.15am (Thursday) on your first day so we can process your membership before classes start. After becoming a member of the Club, you and your dog will be asked to join a beginners class and be introduced to the training methods of the Club. Enjoyment is an essential aspect of the classes, so feel relaxed and confident that you will be made welcome and given positive encouragement.
The class will entail:
- An overview of what is involved in training your dog.
- The sorts of commands you will be learning and how to start your dog off with training.
- Tips on all aspects of dog ownership.
- A few laughs at the dogs that are naughtier than your’s…
What You Need To Do
Arrive at the times indicated above bring the following:
- Lead and good firm collar
- ‘Treats’ to reward your dog as it shows you how clever it can be!
- Bags for the dog poo
- On your first day we will ask to see your dog vaccination certificates and again on annual renewal
Supervised playgroup for puppies approximately 3 to 4 months is held in the Clubrooms on Sundays after class. (Younger and older puppies welcome as appropriate). Handlers and puppies can participate in First Day Class (starting at 9:45am), learning the basics, then enjoy play and socialisation with pups of similar age.